When it comes to healthy, raw cheesecake definitely ticks the box. I think most raw desserts do but sometimes they don’t cut it. They taste great but not exactly like the real thing. This is why I think raw cheesecakes can be the perfect introduction. Smooth and creamy with that delightful tang, serve this at your next afternoon tea and I guarantee that no one will pick that there isn’t an ounce of naughtiness in one piece.
I listed in the recipe that it is vital to soak your nuts! It’s the theme of the week and if you haven’t already, check it out here. It’s easy to do, you just have to make sure you begin ahead. In this recipe I did about 4-6 hours. I put it on before I left for work at 4 and came home at 9pm and began the recipe. I placed it in the freezer overnight and put it in the fridge when I woke up it and it was absolutely perfect.
To even entice you further, this would be the perfect pre/post exercise snack!
Get creative with your presentation too! Swirl the filling or even set blueberries on top to make it extra pretty. Substitute your nuts too, just make sure you soak ’em!
Blueberry and Lemon Cheesecake
- 1 cup Brazil nuts
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 2 1/2 cups soaked cashews (soaked for 4 hours)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup sweetener of your choice – I used coconut nectar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder/ extract
- 1 tbs lemon zest
- 1 cup frozen organic blueberries
- Process ingredients in a food processor until it becomes a chunky mix. Press into a lined springform tin and set in the freezer.
- Process all filling ingredients except the blueberries in a high speed blender until completely smooth. Pour half of the mixture on prepared base.
- Add the blueberries to the remaining mixture and blitz until smooth.
- Pour onto lemon filling and smooth with a spatula.
- Place in freezer for 4 hours to set and them place in fridge.