Jules and Sara are two clients of mine that are mad about their Thermomix. They often come to Pilates and tell me about the creations they’ve made with ease. Something that was constantly bought up was a chopped vegetable salad that was prepared in less than a minute. Being time poor, I was intrigued.
I was lucky enough to have Sara make this for me for lunch the other day, to which I have prepared for two dinners in a row. It’s seriously easy.
I don’t own a Thermomix but was easily able to create this salad with my Vitamix. The reason this was used is due to the finely chopped nature of the salad. You could do the same combination with chopping it with a knife, but honestly, I would just rather chuck this in the Vitamix and call it a day.
Use organic food where possible and remember this recipe is only a guide. Substitute lemons for limes and any hard vegetable you have on hand. If you prefer more carrots, chuck them in and if you don’t then leave them out. That is the beauty of it. I put goats cheese and activated walnuts on top for extra protein, but this can easily be made Vegan by adding some extra chopped nuts and seeds like pepitas.
Chopped rainbow salad with goats cheese and activated walnuts
Recipe inspired by Thermomix chopped salad recipe
2 small beetroot, washed, peeled and quartered
3 carrots, washed peeled and quartered
1 green apple, washed and quartered with seeds removed
1/4 small red onion chopped
1 handful of fresh coriander
1/2 lemon freshly squeezed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Pinch of pepper and Himilayan sea salt
90grams goat cheese crumbled
1 handful of Loving Earth activated walnuts
1. In your Vitamix, Thermomix or food processor, separately process carrot and beetroot until it is finely chopped. Place in a bowl.
2. Process apple, onion and coriander until finely chopped and place in bowl with carrots and beetroot.
3. Give salad and good toss and then dress with olive oil, lemon, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper
4. Taste for flavour and add more dressing or seasonings if need be
5. Serve and top with goats cheese and activated walnuts