My goals, lessons and achievements for July in my monthly letter from the editor, aka me!
June was a great month and I expected July to have the same flow on effect. But if I’m being honest, I found July a little more stagnant, a little more ho-hum. Everything is going well, but I feel that I’m in that ‘I want to have it all and I want it all right now’ mindset.
So as any sane millennial female does, she searches the internet to find horoscopes that tell her what she wants to hear. Don’t judge, I know you do it too. Sometimes we need some spiritual guidance to know we’re on the right track.
“July has been a slow going month, as we focused on physical repair and rejuvenation. Now that’s all set to change, as August brings us an upward swing with the Eclipses, Mercury Retrograde and a much needed cosmic boost…” – Elizabeth Peru
Ah spiritual guidance, making me feel at ease once again. But I can’t complain, July was still a stellar month and I accomplished a lot that made me proud. My expectations for life and business are just as high as my heels (that’s very high!).
For the first time in a very long time, I’m starting to feel a little more clarity around what I’m doing and why I’m doing it. I have a bit more direction with where I can see Professional Babe going in the future and whenever I think about it I get really excited.
A huge highlight in July was the three photoshoots we did for PB. My favourite was a lingerie shoot we did for a couple of posts you’ll see coming up. It’s also nice to see my weight-loss in the photos.
How about a sneak peek?
Where it all started:
In September 2015 I sat down and made three goals. I didn’t like where I was at and I didn’t like where I was heading, so I took my notebook out and made a decision to change. I keep you updated every month with my letter from the editor posts.
1. Get my biz debt down to $10,000.00 by April 2016 (At this stage it was down to $22,139.00)
2. Be 70kg by April 2016 (I was weighing in at 83.6kg the day I made these goals but I know I was sitting heavier than that)
3. Have savings (At this stage I had nothing)
Where I’m at 9 months in:
1. My debt now is an even $7000.00. So I’m $4000.00 from our last letter from the editor. My BAS is coming up soon which I’m nervous about and my rent is also due. I always get a pit of anxiety in my stomach when I hear that because I know that it could add at least another $5-10k onto my debt depending on my funds saved up already. Here’s hoping for my August post that my debt is at $5000.00.
2. I’ve gone from 83.6kg to 73.6kg. Stoked with this. 10kg gone forever. Although 70kg was the goal, I’m going to see how I’m tracking. I just hate how when you’re so close to a goal it feels like it’s taking forever to come off (though my French toast addiction ISN’T helping).
3. My personal savings still isn’t amazing. Let’s just say it’s under $1000.00. But the goal is to pay off my debt and then worrying about saving later.
My wins for July:
– I did three photoshoots with my team that turned out so well. One, in particular, a lingerie shoot I am so happy with. I’m finally starting to see my hard work show and I can’t wait to share these upcoming posts with you.
– I discovered this life-changing hair mousse (body builder mousse by Kevin Murphy!). How is this a win? My hair has been so fabulous that a man on Tinder even complimented me “Your hair is triumphant”. It even bagged me a date with this handsome man too!
– My work / life balance was on point. I’m looking through all the photos I took during July and there’s a lot of selfies at social events and outings with my friends. I feel really lucky to have such a great group of friends.
– I saw a beauty event I wanted to go do and I took the initiative to ask for invite . I followed up and I was invited. Would you believe I struggle to do stuff like that?!
– I have more collaborations with big brands in the works.
– Looking at web statistics, we’re growing at a rate of 100% per month! Thanks for the support!
– My debt is so minimal and every time I pay a chunk off I feel the biggest sense of satisfaction.
– I’ve managed to curb my shopping addiction and have majorly cut down in July. Maybe I’m becoming more discerning in my old age (27. Grandma right!?) or I really am thinking about my priorities and my debt.
Things I could work on in July:
– I want it all now. However, I have to realise I can’t have it all now and good things take time. I love looking at Instagram and following my favourite influencers such as Kristina Bazan. She’s totally living the life I can someday see myself leading – I just wish it would hurry up already!
– Sporadic bursts of productivity are fabulous, but it needs to be consistent if you want to see results. I’m talking about YouTube, scheduling my blog post so peeps actually see them. Maybe I need to schedule my day?
– I let small insignificant things consume my mind. I stress about business and boys when I know the universe has my back and my best interest at heart.
– My self-confidence still needs work. Whether it’s romantically or work-related, I need to develop that self-confidence and know I’ve done a good job or made the right decision, rather than going to friends for validation. August goal perhaps?
Bring on August!!!
PS. Want to read my previous month? Click here!