THE EDITOR: PETA SERRAS
Well look who it is! My latest reader. And what a page to stumble upon, the ol’ about page.
If I had to sum up what I did, I’d use the term ‘Professional Babe’. But if you were to ask other people, they would add that I’m a Pilates instructor, business consultant, professional oil sniffer and writer.
To dig a little deeper, I’m a Pilates instructor who ran a successful studio in the Hunter Valley for almost nine years. It saw me teach over 12,000 classes, won a shit tonne of awards and release a Pilates DVD that lives in over 4000 homes.
My success with Pilates and my product had magazines beating down my door asking me to contribute for them and I’ve got some pretty snazzy tear sheets with my name appearing in Marie Claire, MiNDFOOD, Oxygen, Woman’s Day, Mamamia, Women’s Health & Fitness and Good Health magazine. Impressive, huh?
In April 2017, I sold my business to focus on writing and to build a brand involving essential oils. I joke that I sniff things for a living — no, really — but I actually travel the country educating the masses on all things doTERRA essential oils. I’m not your crunchy granola type of oil educator. I weave in hilarious anecdotes and deliver educational and seriously entertaining masterclasses.
Alongside this, I write, I produce resources for doTERRA Wellness Advocates, I consult with health-based businesses on strategy and growth, I rock out corporate lunch-n-learns on all things oils and Pilates AND I still have time to rock my 2pm hot yoga class every day!
It sounds like a lot, but for some who truly loves what they do (and has systems tighter than an anus!) it all fits in nicely to my week.
AND TO KEEP IT LIGHT, HERE ARE SOME FAST FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. My favourite mode of transport is helicopter travel
2. I’m afraid of tiny holes in things. It’s a legit phobia, trypophobia – do not look it up!
3. I always forget to buy toilet paper and I’ve been known to ask men I’m on a date with if I can steal a roll from their house
4. My diet would best be described as an unsupervised child at a birthday party
5. I was a sex and dating writer and I’m in the process of releasing a dating book
6. When I moved to Melbourne I only owned the contents I could travel with in my car, I didn’t have a fridge for almost three weeks. Tinned tuna for every meal!
7. I have a fur daughter called Audrey. She’s a beautiful kitty!